Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." John 13:7

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Life is Good

"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

This quote inspires me so much because it emphasizes how important friends are and a friendship in general. Without my friends (and God of course) I do not know how I would have gotten through some of the situations I've been in. Each one of my friends is different and that's what's so amazing. If I had friends that were all the same, I would not have gotten such a variety of advice and done so many different things throughout the years.

I've had so many people drift in and out of my life and people that have been constant and there almost from the start. I think this is what has kept me happy all my life. I've been so blessed and my friends are a major part of that blessing. My life would not be as enjoyable without them. I would not have done so many crazy things or been brave enough to try new things.

I've definitely had my ups and downs with every single person I've been friends with. But if you've never fought with your best friend then something is wrong. If you've never had a disagreement then you aren't opening yourself up fully to them and showing them your flaws. I've almost felt like the more I disagree with someone the more they come to know about me because I have to open myself up to them in order to resolve the problem.

Well these were just a few happy thoughts before physics. Hope everyone is having a splendid day :)

Another quote about friendship I enjoy,
"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art...it has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival" - CS Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment