Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." John 13:7

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Winter Break

So I knew this winter break was going to be a lot different than winter break last year.
But mannnn was it fun!
I got to hang out with my family at the beginning of break. I got to chill with my sissies and spend time with them. Baking bread with my grandma is something I look forward to every year, along with baking cookies. I'm actually tearing up thinking about how much I just love spending time with my family and how I will miss them once I go back to Chas. There's nothing like the comfort of home and sitting down and enjoying a cup of coffee with one another. I'll also miss move nights with dad and him making fun of me and how I lost my communicator ringtone. Cruising around with David making him play Hotel California over & over.
My family is amazing :)
Chilling with my friends was interesting to say the least (at least for some nights) but entirely way too much fun. I didn't get to spend that much time with everyone though and certain people I wasn't able to see which I regret but I promise I'll make time to see them when I come home next time. The Charleston trip with morg & tori was probably by far one of my favorite road trips. Venturing around my favorite city and taking so many pictures was just a few crazy things we did. Hitting on the mellow mushroom guy and leaving our phone numbers. Then to top it off, spending the next three days/nights with those two, hahah! Sleepovers at toris are always fun no matter what. Talking oh so loudly why joshua is trying to sleep and all our inside jokes we have but can probably not remember now. (except for pushpop!) Driving around with christopher and the little kid, hanging out at the park like sketchy kids but still having fun doing it. Hearing tori complain about how much she missed her andrew and then finally being with him when he came home and seeing how cute they are, how they have fought and preserved their relationship for the past three years inspires me. Having dance marathons at the bean and making fools of ourselves but laughing at every second of it. Pretty much spending every single second we had free and when we had money at the bean. Getting to meet new friends. Losing my head for one weekend (not in a terrible way, promise) I just sincerely love every single one of my friends and wouldn't trade them for the world and I really thank God for each one of them.
I just really really enjoyed this break and am going to miss it so so so much. I'm ready to get back to Charleston though and start school back. I hope each one of you had a wonderful break too :)

2 comments: