Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." John 13:7

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Relationships.

No this isn't going to be about my sappy nonexistent love life again. I'm through writing about that because it's being put on the back burner for a longgg time (well until I'm not as stressed with school haha)
I just was reading this girls formspring who is still in high school and I must say I was so surprised by it. She basically said she slept with a guy for the first time because he finally was the guy she was looking for & she's in love with him. It got me thinking. It seems like girls are so eager to "do it" with their "serious" boyfriend once they hit high school because they feel they will be together forever. I'm not writing this to condemn those who choose to go to that next level with their bf/gf in high school. I just feel that you should be wary and consider postponing it until you are financially able to take care of a child in case an "ooops" moment happens. Also, you go through SO much in high school and taking that next step in your relationship almost cements an emotional bond. Things are bound to happen and everybody is still changing so relationships hardly last. If you break up with that person, it will be 10x harder. I'm not saying this happens to everybody but I'm also not saying you are the exception either. From my graduating class (granted I've been out of high school now for almost two years) I know of one couple who dated in high school that are still together now. One. Out of 400 people in my class. I'm not trying to be harsh, just a realist. I chose not to take that step in high school with my relationships and I'm glad I didnt. The relationships didn't last and I know if I had taken that next step, the breakup would have been even harder. I still choose even now not to do it in college just because I know how distracting it would be from school. This entry mainly was just to say please think VERY carefully before you choose to go to that next level in your relationship and even continue if you have already started.
Hope everyone is having a great break!

No comments:

Post a Comment