Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." John 13:7

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Oh Life, why must you be so difficult sometimes?

I wish I could let go of things in the past easier...they seem to be coming back more and more and I have a difficult time letting them go completely. I then start to dwell on them and that gets in the way of things I'm doing now. I thought I had completely erased them from thought but now thats not looking that way. Am I erasing other things that I shouldn't be erasing and not knowing it? Am I slowly going back to the lifestyle I did not want because I keep on dwelling? How ironic is that. I wish life was simpler.
This is happening because I've been straying away from God. I see it now. I've become so busy and wrapped up with seeing old friends and the boyfriend that I've put aside my quiet time with God that I told myself I would NOT do over the summer. I wasn't going to be the one who completely forgets everything I learned over the school year and go back to be some stereotypical mindless teenager with no cares like I did last summer. It's really hard to admit but I did that last summer and it seems like I'm heading that way now. Lord, Help me, please. Help me to come back to you and yearn to be close to you again. I really need you and no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment