Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." John 13:7

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So amazed at what I've seen, so much more than this old mind can hold.

I think I've quoted MercyMe before but I do absolutely love them. They can always help my thoughts center more on God and help me to re-evaluate my life. It reminds me of when I was younger and I chased and hungered after God with such a passion. I'm so glad I had that foundation even if one would call it a child like faith, having not hit with the reality of life and sin yet. I feel like if I didn't have what I had when I was younger then I might have really made some bad decisions going through the terrible moments in my life where I really strayed for God. But since I had that foundation, I knew, even though it took a long time sometimes, that God could only help me out of my pit I had fallen in.
I really hope that my sisters will discover the love of God as I did. I pray for them daily that they will.
Nobody truly knows the plan of God but sometimes you can reflect back on your life and kind of make out why things worked out the way they did and catch a fleeting glimpse of God's purpose.
I still don't know a hundred percent God's purpose for my life or where/what He wants me to do/go. I'm just taking each day as it comes and learning and growing from my mistakes.
It's really hard not to fall back into the ways of the world and do what everyone else is doing. I think that by dealing  and getting rid of certain things, I have been less stressed out and been able to focus more on God and be able to see what He wants me to do. I try now to have an excitement for each day He continues to let me live and do the most with my time. I truly love and enjoy my life. Not because it is "going good" or that I'm so blessed (even though I am) but because I see the beauty in it and I know that through everything, God has never left my side and has always walked with me where ever I have gone. To me, that is the greatest gift of all. I feel so much peace and always have felt it because I honestly and truly believe this.
I hope everyone is doing well and is able to feel the same peace I feel everyday. Love you all, Ginny.

No comments:

Post a Comment